Your Options in Natural Hairstyles for Short Hair
– Protective updos. They do not only look very stately, they also protect the delicate structure of your hair from the elements and loss of moisture.
– Twists. These take any extra volume under control and look fancy whether you wear them loose or in elegant updos.
– Puffs. A puff is a substitute for a common bun, so loved by African American ladies. When you also introduce twists or elements of braiding into your puff hairstyles, you have all chances to come up with something truly exquisite and eye-catching.
– Mohawks and Fauxhawks. Never going out of fashion, these hairstyles are perfect for black women who are open to bold solutions and extravagant haircuts.
– Finger coils. If you are searching for hairstyles which make a stake on outstanding textures, finger coils are an excellent idea.
Check out the 15 ideas below.
#1: Flat-Twist with Twist Out
A twist-out is an easy natural hairstyle for short hair that African-American women can use to achieve full curls sans heat. It’s a popular protective style among the “naturalistas”. The style is easy to maintain, it can be slept on without messing up the curl pattern. This look combines a flat twist detail in the front to further protect the edges of the hair, which are the most prone to breakage.
#2: Half Shaved Natural Hairstyle
If you are blessed with curly hair and seek a low-maintenance hairstyle, try one of these short natural hairstyles for black women. The sharp lines of the razored sides and triangular sideburns are tomboyish and pair well with poofy curls on top, giving you extra height just where you want it.
“USE THE NEXT BUTTON TO OPEN NEXT PAGE”