What You Should Do
If you see a dog stuck in a car during a hot day, here are 5 things you should do immediately:
- The first thing to do is call 911.
- The next step is to take down the car’s information. This includes the type of car it is and the license plate.
- The third step is to check nearby shops to find the owner. You can even ask the store to make an announcement.
- Next, wait with the dog until help arrives, be it the police or the owner.
- Last but not least, if help doesn’t arrive and you can’t find the owner, it’s legal to break the window in certain states. But this should be a last resort. Here are the states that allow this: Massachusetts, Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Colorado, Florida, Arizona, and California.
If humans can’t handle it, why would a dog be any different? Please keep your pets in mind so you can have a happy, worry-free summer!